LGBR values our relationship with you and considers your privacy an important priority in maintaining that relationship. We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
Sources of Information
We may collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, your investment advisor or financial representative through interviews, applications, agreements or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others;
- Information we receive from your inquiries by mail, e-mail or telephone; and
- Information we collect on our website through the use of “cookies”. For example, we may identify your investor type and the pages on our website that your browser requests or visits. For more information, consult the “COOKIE USAGE” section of this page.
Please note that pursuant to any applicable data protection laws in each jurisdiction (including, without limitation, the European Data Protection Directive 1995 (the “Directive”), the Data Protection Act 1998, and any national laws implementing the Directive), we are obliged to inform you that any personal information (for the purposes of the Directive this shall mean “Personal Data” as that term is defined in the Directive) (hereinafter “Personal Data”) may be disclosed, processed and transferred by us to unaffiliated companies for the following reasons:
- In order to provide you with products and services and to effect transactions that you request or authorize, we may disclose your personal information as described above to unaffiliated financial service providers and other companies that perform administrative or other services on our behalf, such as transfer agents, custodians and trustees, or that assist us in the distribution of investor materials such as trustees, banks, financial representatives, proxy services, solicitors and printers.
- We may release information we have about you if you direct us to do so, if we are compelled by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example to protect your account from fraud).
Disclosure of Information
We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as required to ensure the provision of services and products requested by you or on your behalf, as disclosed above, or as required by law.
Confidentiality and Security
With regard to our internal security procedures, LGBR restricts access to your non-public personal information to those LGBR employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your non-public personal information.
Policy Updates and Inquiries
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively and efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer (including those from this visit) as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your handset manual.